Activities - Casa Cairucu, Paraty
Things to do
- Private boat trips to explore the amazing Paraty bay, its beaches such as Praia Vermelho and Praia da Lula, snorkelling spots like Ilha do Mantimento, Ilha Comprida and Ilha dos Cocos. Continue to beautiful Cotia, Paraty Mirim and Saco de Mamangua.
- Colonial Paraty its profusion of beautiful churches, boutique shops, bars and restaurants - is on your door step and within 10-15 minutes you can be whisked there at any time of day. At night separate boat transfers must be organised at extra cost.
- You can swim from the house. The water is lovely and warm and often crystal clear. There are alot of fish amongst the rocks right in front of the house, and if you are lucky you will often also see starfish and even turtles and dolphins. There are basic sets of snorkelling equipment in the house but if you love swimming/snorkelling we recommend you bring your own.
- The house is also wonderful for relaxing. Deckchairs and hammocks, a library of books and DVD’s. You’re located equal distance between charming Paraty and its stunning beaches.
- The kayaks (2 doubles incl large / medium life jackets) are great fun, another way to explore.
- There is a small path at the back of the house that a few locals use. You can walk to Praia do Baré - an excellent swimming beach for children – in 5 mins, the lovely Praia Vermelha is about a 30-40 minute walk in the other direction where there are places for lunch and you can often get a lift back by boat.
- Cachacaria Maria Izabel – straight across the bay Maria Izabel produces her award winning cachaca (sugar cane rum), visits and short tours can be arranged.
- Other excursions from Paraty can be organised at extra cost. For example to visit nearby distillery’s (cachacarias) or a profusion of wonderful waterfalls (such as Tobogan) and beaches (Trindade, Camburi, Picinguaba, Fazenda, Felix to name but a few).
- For the active we can arrange SUP (Stand UP Paddle), sea kayaking and hikes with our great friends Michael and Rodrigo at Paraty Explorer.